Argument. NOTE: You must drastically limit your argument; we cannot argue on the very broad topic of“ global warming” or “climate change.” Also, be aware that we have many kinds of “environments,” such as shelter-in environments, social unrest environments, and/or home environments. Topics that are overly broad are not specific and will not work for the essays this semester. Feel free to review TED Talks for ideas on narrowing your topic. You do not have to use any of the textbook essays as the foundation for your particular discussion, but they might work as springboards for your idea. Remember to use the required SCC databases only for research for our first essay. The essay must be submitted to Turnitin
for grading. See the requirements below for Essay #1. Use this as your checklist before and after writing your essay. Email with questions!
• MLA format—See page 509 in The Everyday Writer for MLA format
• Times New Roman 12 pt. font, double-spaced
• 5 full pages, (5 full pages of essay content, not counting the works cited page)
• Create an intriguing title
• Create an introduction paragraph—the first paragraph—that places and hooks the reader
• Develop a solid thesis statement that aims at complex argumentation
• Include the thesis statement at the end of the introduction paragraph
• Underline the thesis statement so that I see what you intend as argument
• Create body paragraphs that follow the thesis
• Create topic sentences for each body paragraph
• Add evidence in the body paragraphs that support your thesis
• Avoid logical fallacy as you argue
• Add your writer’s voice to connect thesis and evidence in body paragraphs
• Use five (5) sources, minimum, from SCC databases: Review the SCC databases PPT
• SCC Library email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All sources must be credible, academic, and relevant to your topic
• Do NOT use Wiki sources, Answers.com, dictionary or encyclopedia entries as evidence
• Present and refute at least one counter argument = include an opposing view or misconception
• Include a balance of pathos, ethos, and logos in body paragraphs
• Use MLA in-text citation for all paraphrases, summaries, and quotes
• Do not use block quotes
• Avoid excessive direct quotes
• Use more paraphrases and summaries than direct quotes
• Create a comprehensive conclusion paragraph—the last paragraph
• Create an MLA works cited page
• Submit essay to Turnitin by the due date
• Avoid using first and second person: omit “I” and “you”
• Proofread for error and any pattern of error
• Use The Everyday Writer for guidance on lower and higher order concerns
• Check my previous feedback as you review/proofread your essay
• Let me know how I might help if you have any questions on the project
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.