This paper will be a critical analysis of one of the (two) forensic psychology issues raised in the documentary Murder on a Sunday Morning, which you can begin watching at any time. Please note that you will be responsible for watching the entire film in order to be able to successfully complete your second term paper. The film can be found on YouTube athttps://youtu.be/MA2n0OYk3qA.
For this paper, you will choose one of the two major forensic psychology topics that contributed to the wrongful prosecution of this case: eyewitness identification or false confession. You will then analyze how this one factor contributed to the prosecution of the defendant, 15 year old Brenton Butler. You will need to identify three empirical (research) articles on the factor you selected (eyewitness identification or false confession) that are related to the facts of the case. Each of the three empirical articles should have at least one experiment where they are collecting data – usually with participants – and testing their hypotheses. Your term paper should clearly:
1) Make an argument for how the factor you chose (eyewitness identification or false confessions) contributed to the defendant’s wrongful prosecution (this portion of your paper should be approximately 1 page).
2) Provide a critical analysis of each the three empirical articles that you identified as supportive of your argument (in #1). For each article, describe the research question tested by the research, describe how the authors tested that question and what they found, and relate their findings to the case presented in the documentary. If a journal article you choose has more than one experiment, choose the first experiment to analyze for your term paper. This analysis should be critical, noting strengths and weaknesses both in the study itself and in its relevance to the case in question (approximately 1 page per article, for a total of 3 pages).
3) End your term paper with an evaluation of the overall prosecution in this case in light of the material we have covered in the second half of the class (with Dr. Dysart). You should discuss both eyewitness identification and false confessions in this section, regardless of which factor you chose for the first 4 pages of the assignment. Your overall evaluation will be approximately 1/2 page. Finally, make recommendations about how the prosecution of this case could have been improved (approximately 1/2 page).
4) Include a Reference section with the three articles you selected along with any other sources you used to complete your paper. You do not need to include a reference for the film itself or the text book.
Your assignment must follow APA formatting including:
1) Size 12 font, preferably Times New Roman
2) Use double-spacing
3) Insert page numbers on top right (header)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.