Movie The Notebook
1. While viewing the movie, note the images, stereotypes, attitudes, and perceptions of the elderly portrayed by the film. Are the elderly presented as sick (health issues), lonely, poor, mentally incompetent, senile, childlike, slow, incapable, etc.? Or are they presented as competent, capable, secure, human beings? Are they seen as radically different from younger people or much the same? Is old age seen as humorous or sad? A good time or bad? Is it something to be savored or avoided? In general, make note of both the positive and negative images of aging and the elderly the film portrays. Pay special attention to the use of stereotypes or direct efforts to combat stereotypes. Don’t forget that compassionate stereotypes are still stereotypes.
2. After viewing the film, write a brief summary of the film, including a discussion of the main characters, the setting and plot, the climax and resolution. Follow this with a discussion of the view of aging the film presents. Indicate whether the film generally presents old age and aging in a positive or negative light, then provide some specific examples of the films portrayal of aging an old age. You should also indicate whether this portrayal is deliberate and intentional or incidental and secondary to the main themes of the film. Finally, conclude with your personal opinion and evaluation of the film. Did you like it? Was it entertaining? Would you recommend it to others?
1. States name of video, setting, and discusses main characters
2. Explains the plot & notes health issues the elderly character/s have.
3. Explains the climax & resolution.
4. Describes the view of aging (theory) the movie presents, was aging presented in a positive or negative light.
5. Provides specific examples of the film’s portrayal of aging and old age.
6. Choose a character. Describe the developmental stage and physiology of one disease process demonstrated by the character.
7. Indicates whether this portrayal is deliberate and intentional or incidental and secondary to the main themes of the film.
8. Notes both the positive and negative images of aging and the elderly the film portrays.
9. Clearly states personal opinion and evaluation of the film. Did you like it? Was it entertaining? Would you recommend it to others? Why?
10. Uses correct spelling and grammar throughout the critique. Each section is named and numbered.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.