Answer the questions below on Etienne Cabet’s Voyage in Icarie of 1842
E. Cabet, Voyage in Icarie, 1840
1. Identify two examples of Etienne Cabet’s urban planning for his ideal city as described in Voyage in Icarie.
2. Identify an example of the provisions for public health and hygiene described by Cabet in his ideal community.
3. Identify an example of the provisions for public art and items of beauty described by Cabet in his ideal community.
4. According to Cabet’s ideal community, how would good morals be promoted by the community?
Answer each of the questions below on Karl Marx’s analysis of the causes of the U. S. Civil War
Karl Marx, The North American Civil War, the October 1861 article only not the entire pdf file.
5. Why does Karl Marx in his article The North American Civil War of October, 1861 claim that the mainstream British press falsely describe that war as conflict over free-trade vs. protectionist economic policy?
6. What proof does Marx offer for his claim that the true goal of the Confederacy was the maintenance of a system of slavery, rather than the British press’ claim that the Civil War was about the Southerner’s desire for independence from Northern domination?
7. Briefly identify why according to Marx’s analysis, attempts to spread slavery into new territories resulted in the formation of the Republican Party in the 1850s to resist slavery’s expansion.
8. Why according to Marx’s analysis of the economics of slave-based production was it essential that slave-holder try to expand slavery into new territories?
9. Why according to Marx’s analysis of the politics of the U.S. before the Civil War was it essential that the slave states maintain an equal number of slave and free states within the Union?
10. Why according to Marx’s analysis was is essential for the internal social stability of the South that slavery expand into new territories?
11. Why according to Marx was the Republican Party’s platform of merely limiting slavery to where it already existed rather than abolishing it was nonetheless a fundamental threat to Southern slavery and the slave economy?
The questions below are based on Edward Berenson’s Chapters 8 and 9 in his Europe in the Modern World
12. Briefly discuss how Otto von Bismarck in late 19th century Germany combined aristocratic, authoritarian rule with progressive social policies.
13. Briefly identify how the advocates of imperialism defended their policies of overseas conquests in later 19th century Europe.
14. Briefly identify some factors that encouraged what Berenson calls “the flurry of inventions” in later 19th century Europe.
15. Briefly identify why the early stages of the First World War became bogged down in prolonged warfare instead of ending with a quick victory for one side or the other.
16. Briefly identify why popular support in 1914 for the First World War in the countries involved grew into protests and mutinies near the end of that war.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.