Purpose of Health Care Career Paper
The purpose of this paper is for students to research, learn and write about specific elements of a health care worker’s career. Students are recommended to choose the health care profession that they are planning on pursuing. Examples of paper topics include: Registered Nurse; Diagnostic Medical Sonographer; Physician Assistant; Pharmacy Technician; Massage Therapist or Radiographic Technologist.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE HEALTH CARE CAREER PAPER
This paper is broken down into TWO (2) sections:
1. Section 1 – Choose ONE of the FOUR topics below to research regarding the chosen profession (topic). • Job Description • Education, Registration or Certification • Employment • Professional Activities
2. Section 2 – Reflection on chosen topic in Section 1 WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE TOPIC YOU HAVE CHOSEN Be sure to include the following information in the section that you choose. As part of your section, you will also interview a health care worker in the field you are researching to attain their expertise on the section you have chosen.
1. Describe the care/service provided by the healthcare professional
2. Describe the limits of authority and responsibility legislated “scope of practice” for this health care career
3. Describe the “Code of Ethics” for this health care occupation (choose 1 or 2 of the codes)
1. Describe the requirements for the profession/occupation
2. Identify at least two different types of educational institutions/schools offering the program. 3. State how much time it takes to complete the program
4. Describe the approximate cost for each of the educational institutions required
5. What degree or certification that can be earned for this health care career Identify the professional certification or registration required and by what organization or government agency
1. What is the job availability for this profession?
2. Growth trends in the field nationally.
3. Number of jobs advertised locally or in the area where you want to secure employment (for example in the Sunday Herald or other publication)
4. Is experience required? Explain.
5. Salaries – Entry level and with experience.
6. Advancement Opportunities – With and/or without additional education.
1. Local/State/National Professional Organizations (cost to join as a student).
2. Professional journals with address and cost
3. Are continuing educational units (CEUs) required for this profession? If so, how many, and how often
4. Describe ways that members of a professional organization can gain continuing education requirements and earn CEUs
REFLECTION /PERSONAL CAREER PLAN
1. Reflect on how you see yourself “fitting” into this profession.
2. Share what life experiences have brought you to the decision to pursue this profession.
3. Describe a personal career plan for you to enter this field.
4. Discuss alternative plan if your initial plan does not progress as anticipated.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
1. At least 3 substantial references shall be used. These may include books, professional journal articles, web sites, and personal communication. All references should be correctly cited on the Reference page in correct APA 7th edition format.
ORGANIZATION, FORMAT, SPELLING, GRAMMAR
1. Paper should be well organized containing appropriate content
2. Correct spelling and grammar
3. Double spaced, 12-pt font size, left justification, 1” margins. APA 7th ed. Format
4. No abstract or introduction
5. Include in-text citations (Cite your sources within your paper)
6. The paper length is three to five pages. No less than 3 and not to exceed 5 pages (not including cover page and reference page)
7. No lists, bullets, graphics, tables, or pictures 8. Work is to be expressed in paragraph form only
1. The title at the top of the page is “References” not “Works Cited” or “Bibliography”.
2. Indicate the exact source of the specific information used in the paper by citing all references on the reference page.
3. Only references cited in the paper, within text citations, are to be included on the reference page.
4. Include a minimum of three (3) different sources of information (books, professional journal articles, electronic sources, personal communications, websites, etc.).
5. Wikipedia is not acceptable as a reference
PLAGIARISM The health care career paper is to be the student’s original work. Plagiarism is the improper borrowing of another person’s words, ideas, or methods. If you use another person’s material, you must acknowledge your source. When you cite a source properly, you have given credit where it is due, and you have also given your readers a way to locate the original material on their own. But there is more than that to plagiarism. Copying material directly without placing it between quotation marks, even if you provide the source, is an act of plagiarism.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.