ENGL 1010 RESEARCH PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Your purpose is to gather, evaluate, and incorporate quality source information into your writing.
• Since this is an academic paper, only use third person language throughout.
• Your paper will be approximately 400 words in length (excluding the Works Cited page).
• Select a specific topic related to your field of study that interests you.
• You will need to choose a topic that fits within the scope of our assignment. Because this paper will be fairly short, “music” as a topic would be too broad. See the textbook for more details on narrowing a topic for your writing.
THESIS: Your research essay is essentially an argument that you will support with details from sources. Your task is to develop “a stand on a debatable issue” of your choice. See the textbook for more on developing a reasonable argument.
SOURCES: We use information from outside sources to support our main points. Think of the information you choose to use from sources as your evidence.
• You must incorporate a minimum of TWO library sources (published book, ebook, magazine article, etc.) into your essay. Find your scholarly sources through the library databases (from the Lanier Tech homepage, click LIBRARY > Start Your Research Here. This will give you a list of databases to choose from. (The websites listed, while credible, do not count as scholarly)).
• You must use the most recent source relevant to your topic, not more than 5 years old.
• You may include additional, credible web sources after you have met the two scholarly sources requirement. Papers that solely use websites (even credible sites) will not receive passing scores. Wikipedia, blogs, and many “.com” and “.org” sites are not credible sources for this assignment.
FORMAT & DOCUMENTATION: Your essay should be formatted according to MLA. You should cite sources according to MLA style; see our textbook for details on integrating, citing, and documenting sources appropriately.
• A parenthetical citation is required at the end of each sentence in which you quote or paraphrase information.
• Use quotation marks if you are using exact words from a source.
• Do not use stand-alone quotations. Use signal phrases or incorporate the quote into a sentence of your own.
• In order to receive a passing grade for this assignment, outside sources (paraphrases, direct quotations, and block quotations) cannot comprise more than 40% of the paper.
• All specific facts and statements that are not your own personal thoughts/commentary or are not “common knowledge” MUST be documented.
The best papers utilize outside sources for 5-20% of the text.
If you are unsure if you are documenting correctly, please ask for clarification.
–PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE DOCUMENTED SOURCE INFORMATION CORRECTLY—
You must follow accurate documentation rules to obtain a passing grade (D or above).
(For additional information on plagiarism, see the related online documents on this topic.)
Major documentation issues that can constitute plagiarism include:
1. Using a source in the paper with an in-text citation but not including that source on the works cited page.
2. Including a source on the works cited page that does not appear in the paper.
3. Neglecting to use quotation marks when you include information word-for-word—even if an in-text citation is present.
4. A high similarity index report from Turnitin.com.
5. “Recycling” a previously submitted paper of your own.
Grading: Please review our LTC writing rubric for grading criteria.
Refer to the following sections of your textbook for details on the research process:
Writing and Developing Your Argument and Points:
Sketch A Plan
Build Effective Paragraphs
Constructing Reasonable Arguments
Supporting A Thesis
MLA Format and Documentation:
Citing Sources; Avoiding Plagiarism
Managing Information; Avoiding Plagiarism
Documenting Sources in MLA Style
MLA Manuscript Format; Sample Paper
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.